*Please note that the discussion will be held in French.
The Réseau d'échanges et de soutien aux actions locales (RÉSAL), of which ICPC is a member, is proud to announce its third annual colloquium focusing on the place of youth in the city.
This year, due to social distancing measures, the RESAL is offering a new formula of three webinars that will lead to a face-to-face colloquium in the spring of 2021, if the situation allows. These webinars are intended to foster discussions between key players in violence prevention in Montreal on the following themes:
- Sports, arts and recreation
- Knowledge and culture
- Employment and housing
RÉSAL invites you to its first online discussion panel on the place of youth in the city, and more specifically on how sports, arts and recreation can act as protective factors for young people.
We would like to offer a space for discussion in order to highlight various sports, arts and recreation-related projects that have a positive impact on the lives of young Montrealers.
Three panelists will be presenting their projects:
- Elizabeth-Ann Doyle, Executive and Artistic Director, MU
- Ernest Jr. Edmond, Founder, Les Ballons Intensifs
- Claude Majeau, Co-creator of the collective work "J'suis pas juste ..."
The following questions will be addressed in particular:
- What led you to define your project to meet the needs of youth and what needs does it address?
- How has this project created a space for youth in the city?
- What success factors were observed in terms of harmonious sharing in the public space?
Information to remember:
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020, from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
Registration: online (https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/billets-la-place-des-jeunes-dans-la-ville-125275487355)
The number of registrations is limited: first come, first served!